Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Little Table Redo

Here is another piece of hand-me-down furniture from my mother-in-law. It was a little hexagon table that had a few chips and dings in it. She gave it to me right when we moved in, when I was in my redo everything frenzy stage, which is why it is done.


I wanted to use it as a little table in my nursery next to the rocking chair, so that I could put a lamp on it and have a place to set things down. The previous owners of this house loved the color pink, our garage is pink, our sheds have pink trim, and even the kitchen had pink and blue wallpaper in it. They did leave a can of Pepto Bismol pink paint behind in the shed, which actually turned into a pretty color when mixed with some white paint that I had on hand.


I loved the pretty details of the handles, so I sprayed them with Krylon Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint.


I distressed it a little bit with my electric sander, and then used Valspar Antiquing Glaze to give it some more character. The inside provides some great storage for extra diapers, so I don't have to have the big boxes hanging around forever.


When any of my husband's siblings have seen this little table, they tell me that they remember having to dust it growing up. It makes me laugh, but I am happy to be re-using something that has a story behind it, and that was free.


As usual, with my projects, it is far from perfect, but it is useful and fits in well with the color scheme in my nursery. And for one last picture, the side-by-side comparison:

-Mandi

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...