Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Name Frames


My daughters are both named after their Grandma's. Johana is named after my mom, Joanne, and Charlotte is named after my mother-in-law, Charlene. Both of their names are somewhat unique, have family significance, and fit them well. I wanted a cute way to display their names and the meanings of their names. I had seen various ways of doing this, and so when Johana was born, this is the design that I came up with, and it was easy to repeat for Charlotte. Michelle found the frames on clearance at a local craft store, and I used white vinyl to put the lettering on. They both have colored walls in their rooms, so the frames show up really well.


For the names, I liked the font, Windsong from dafont.com, but I actually didn't really like the capital J or C, so I used the J and C from the font Scriptina. The bottom font, with the name meaning, is Copperplate.


I have also discovered something about my decorating style; when something works, I tend to stick with it. Both girls have long white shelves in their rooms. They are actually shelves that my dad built for us growing up. I ended up with them and have repainted them 3-4 times. They are cute and have pegs to hang things on. I use them to hold the name frames, pictures of the girls, and to hang their blessing dresses.





I really like how they turned out, and I like the way that they look in the girls' rooms.

-Mandi

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...